Michael Davies Architecture was commissioned by Bayside Council
to undertake stakeholder consultation, needs determination, site
evaluation and feasibility study services for the redevelopment of
the Bexley Swimming Pool and its potential conversion to an indoor
and outdoor aquatic leisure centre.
As the first step,Michael Davies Architecture had a detailed
survey of the site prepared, to provide a detailed record of the
Bexley Swimming Pool asset to facilitate its future development.
Concurrently with this activity, we prepared a detailed site
assessment as a precursor to the architectural design process.
The analysis of existing site conditions included:
• Existing land utilisation
• Structures placement taking into account surrounding
buildings, including adjacent residences
• Facilities development
• Development phasing
• Movement systems, circulation and parking
• Site services
• Opportunities and constraints presented by current site
• Views and outlook
• Prevailing wind and climatic conditions and therefore best
orientation and location of building